B-2 Visitor Visa For Temporary Pleasure:

Immigration Law

Foreigners who would like to enter the U.S. for a temporary period of time for pleasure, tourism or vacation must typically apply for a B-2 Visitor Nonimmigrant Visa.  One major exception is for countries that are on the “Visa Waiver” list based upon reciprocity with the U.S.  Additional information includes the following:

1. Visa Validity: B-2 Visa validity can range from “one entry” to “multiple Entries” valid for up to 10 years.

2. Status: The issuance of status is discretionary and can be issued for up to 6 months per trip to the U.S. with the possibility of an extension to one year.

3. Visa Waiver: The maximum status allowed is 90 days without the possibility of an extension.

4. Nonimmigrant Intent: Every Applicant for admission to the U.S. as a B-2 Visitor must prove on their own merits that they have Nonimmigrant Intent and will return to their home country upon the expiration of their status.

5. Overstay: Foreigners who overstay their Nonimmigrant Status, such as B-2 Status, by 6 months or longer can face either a 3 or 10-year bar from re-entering the U.S. after a departure and subsequent attempts to return to the U.S.

If you are interested in applying for an B-2 Visitor Visa for yourself, family member or friend, please schedule a Consultation with Serianni Law to discuss the legal requirements and filing procedures. Also, Contact Us for free initial information and pricing.

Schedule a Consultation